PULLMAN - main site
IDEAS FOR ACTION STEPS
1. BUY 10 compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs). Give them to ten people as gifts. It will be helpful to explain the difference changing the bulbs can make. These bulbs significantly cut back on the amount of energy used. They can visit thepowerof10 to learn about the Power of Ten organization and what find out more about what they can do to help. You can find CFL bulbs at Sam's Club, Costco, Home Depot, Walmart, and Menards.
2. Rent or buy the movie, “An Inconvenient Truth.” Encourage others to see the film but asking your local library or organization to sponsor a showing. Or purchase the DVD, watch it, and then pass it on.
3. Support the growth of clean, safe and renewable energy - buy wind energy credits. Information available at Whole Foods or www.renewablechoice.com.
4. Join an organization to support their efforts.
5. Give CFL light bulbs as gifts (holidays, etc.).
6. Urge your employer to reduce emissions.
7. Urge the businesses you purchase products or services from to reduce emissions.
8. Call or write car companies and urge them to make environmentally respectful cars.
9. Call or write your elected officials. Urge the United States to join the world community and sign the Kyoto agreement. White House comment line: 1-202-456-1111.
10. Plant a garden or install solar panels on the roof of your home or condo.
11. Ask your company, school or church if you can have time (e.g., at a staff meeting, or brown bag lunch) to tell people about the actions they can take tp reduce their emmissions.
This information was taken from a meeting of THE POWER OF 10